The Proteomics Research Platform develops and applies advanced proteomics methods to further understanding of disease, pathways, targets, and drug effects.
The platform provides infrastructure for the identification and quantification of proteins and their post-translational modifications (PTMs).
The platform offers advice in experimental design and accurate data interpretation, and continuously develops and adapts new sample preparation techniques and MS approaches to provide an array of solutions for individual research projects.
The Proteomics Research Platform can contribute to grant applications by generating pilot data and helping to describe infrastructure and analysis pipelines that are available to support the proposed research.
The Proteomics Research Platform has the expertise to analyse tissue, cell, and secreted extraction, peptide separations. It can also undertake PTM enrichment strategies, multiplex labelling strategies, and state-of-the-art sensitive mass spectrometry (MS) for discovery-driven experiments.
Some other expertise the platform offers includes:
- Nano and macro proteomics of cells, tissues (fixed/frozen), clinical biopsy (formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded, DMSO fixed, fresh frozen, or cores).
- Plasma proteomic profiling – in depth, comprehensive analysis using data-independent acquisition.
- Subcellular organelle proteomics, including secretome and extracellular vesicles — exosomes.
- Whole proteome or immunoprecipitation/affinity purification.
- Label-free, TMT- and SILAC-based global protein quantification.
- Post-translational modification analysis.
- Protein chemistry and labelling tools.
- Database searching, bioinformatics and statistical analysis.
- Comparison of proteomes.
- Expertise and applications of a wide range of cardiac, cancer, metabolic, and infectious diseases.
- Model and non-model organism expertise.
- Dionex UltiMate NCS-3500RS nanoUHPLC
- Thermo Q-Exactive HF-X hybrid quadrapole-Orbitrap mass spectrometer
Expanded proteomic research capability in partnership with La Trobe University Proteomics and Metabolomics Platform:
- Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Eclipse™ Tribrid™ Mass Spectrometer (with ETD and FAIMS) – represents the latest ‘top of the line’ technology in liquid chromatography mass spectrometry.
- Thermo Scientific Q-Exactive HF with Ultimate 3000 RSLCnano
- Thermo Scientific LTQ Orbitrap Elite ETD Mass Spectrometer
- Bruker Daltonics HCT ultra PTM Discovery System Ion-Trap Mass Spectrometer
Access and Contact
For more information and for general research enquiries contact:
A/Prof David Greening
Head, Proteomics Research Platform
Proteomics Research Platform