The Healthy Lifestyle Research Centre was established to enable scientists to examine how genetic and environmental factors combine to influence body weight.
The facility, located on Level 4 of the Alfred Centre, is used to improve our understanding of the effects of physical activity and nutrition for the prevention, management and treatment of obesity and its complications, including diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
A variety of human physiological studies are catered for in the Centre, including:
- calorimetric measurements of energy expenditure
- aerobic and strength capacity
- body composition analyses
- muscle and fat biopsies
- glucose clamps and metabolic tracer assessments
- blood, tissue and urine specimen processing.
Enquiries should be directed to Professor Bronwyn Kingwell